Safety and Security on the Internet for Teachers (DS32019)
“Once we are aware of the possibilities that the Internet brings, it’s essential to learn about the dangers of the internet and how to prevent issues like cyberbullying and overexposing by understanding the principles of safety and privacy.”
Objectives of the Course: The objective of the course is to familiarize teachers with the challenges of online interactions to make them able to teach students about the potential dangers that can be found in the virtual world. This course seeks to teach the risks and to equip teachers with good practices that can help avoid common problems.
35 hours (5 days).
- To recognize the warning signs of risks and dangers on the Internet.
- To use tools that help prevent or resolve common computer security threats.
- To know how to protect privacy on the Internet and improve digital security.
- To detect and prevent cases of cyberbullying, especially through social networks.
- To promote ICT teaching to boost the learning in the educational system.
- Participants will be familiarized with different kinds of Internet risks divided in some categories related to information and its access, privacy, communication, economic activities, addictions or technical hazards.
- Participants will be able to detect and face unfair behaviour on the Internet.
- Participants will know how to help their students to assess the risks of publishing their information on their internet.
- Participants will communicate in a safe way by using emails, social networks, etc.
- Participants will be able to integrate digital tools into daily work.