Strategies for Safe Internet use in the Classroom (DS42019)
“The Internet has drastically changed the way people interact with the world. They have access to in-depth knowledge, tools to express their creativity, and people from all over the world. Yet along with offering a fascinating, new way to connect with the world, the Internet also offers new risks.”
Objectives of the Course: The objective of the course is to familiarize teachers with the potential dangers that can be encountered in the virtual world as well as learning how to fight against those risks.
35 hours (5 days).
- To become aware of the risks of managing and sharing information on the Internet.
- To learn how to protect the data on the Internet.
- To become familiar with the different levels of protection on Internet security.
- To promote ICT teaching to boost the learning in the educational system.
- Participants will understand and evaluate the different risks in managing and sharing information on the Internet and how to protect that information.
- Participants will be able to identify and understand the different types of network and wireless security.
- Participants will know how to set up a high protection level of privacy for internet navigation.
- Participants will be able to use and open Wi-Fi in a safe way.
- Participants will know what cookies and pop up are and what implies to accept them.
- Participants will be able to integrate digital tools into daily work.