Multimedia Publishing in Education (DS52018)
“Getting to an audio-visual world with the skills to author your own multimedia content. Learn how to publish it online and promote it”
Objective of the course: The general objective of the course is to equip teachers and students alike with the basic tools necessary for multimedia publishing in today’s content driven online experience. The course seeks to underline the importance of online communication and presentation, in order for the participants to understand the key points of creating, compelling and engaging online content. Therefore the course will focus on training personnel and teachers from educational centres in the use of digital tools to be able to organise, create, edit, and share documents, information, supporting material in different multimedia formats for the students’ use in their training process and also for the teaching team.
35 hours (5 days).
- To create an audio-visual content.
- To know the process of publishing and distribution of the multimedia material.
- To know how to create and publish the multimedia material by using the blog as a channel.
- To promote ICT teaching to boost its learning in the educational system.
- Participants will learn about the principles and the importance of creating and using multimedia content in order to make the educational process more interesting.
- Participants will become familiar with the Camtasia platform. Camtasia Studio gives you the tools to record your computer screen and then turn those recordings into professional-grade videos.
- Participants will become familiar with the Audacity application, which allows teachers to do audio recordings of lectures and other types of content and to publish them for a wider audience of students.
- Participants will become familiar with the WordPress blogging platform, which helps teachers to publish, update and maintain in real time course materials that are relevant for the students’ educational needs.
- Participants will become familiar with the YouTube platform, which gives teachers the opportunity to publish full audio-video lectures and other types of content online.