Creating Educational Blogs and Websites with Wordpress (DS22019)
“Wordpress is an online platform that can be used with educational purposes and as a support tool for classes, one of its possibilities is an Edublog, which is very useful to reflect, collaborate, provide content and engage in higher-order thinking. Educational websites help make the learning process more attractive and entertaining ”
Objective of the Course: The main objective of the course is to familiarize teachers with WordPress as an educational tool in order to create blogs and websites to use them in class or as a support tool for their students to work at home.
35 hours (5 days).
- To create a blog and a website for educational purposes.
- To manage the aspects of the blog as well as its content.
- To keep updated the content of the blog in real time.
- To share the blog and the content with colleagues or students.
- To promote ICT teaching to boost itslearning in the educational system.
- Participants will learn about the principles and the importance of creating and using of blogs and web pages in order to make the educational process more interesting.
- • Participants will be taught the critical aspects for a web project planning.
- Participants will become familiar with WordPress blogging platform, which helps teachers to publish, update and maintain in real time course materials that are relevant for the students’ educational needs.
- Participants will learn how to customise their blogs, as well as manage their own content and share it with their partners.
- Participants will learn how to provide the students with basic notions in relation to the developing trends of these platforms.