Game industry is a highly advanced technological sector. Involvement in games development, no matter if at professional level or as a hobbyist, provides the person with an important skill set which is important for their digital skills.
The general objective of the GAMEON project is to exchange good practice in the informal educational pathways to the gaming industry for the NEET group.
The specific objectives are:
• To exchange best practices on how to bring NEETs to high-tech industry of gaming;
• To create the show-cases of successful people (like Markus Persson) who made it in the industry without formal degree;
• To visualize the alternative pathways for the gaming industry with the use of informal learning approach;
• To promote a non formal approach in game training;
• To provide understanding of the educational pathways for non-degree students (in this case NEETs) to the gaming industry;